Everyone, men and women, are invited to an evening of pampering.
Silent auction, gift bags, door prizes, food, drink, and great company will fill our event. Invite your friends and family. This will be an incredible event.
This is a fundraiser for church, so donations are welcome!
- Dr Matt from Robin Center Chiropractic will be available to talk about the benefits of Chiropractic care and total wellness.
- Lynda Jones, esthetician from Rocco Altobelli, will be providing mini facials and skin care/makeup consultation.
- Ali Runyon, a hairstylist from Rocco Altobelli, will be providing hair services and consultations. Ali is going on a mission trip so a percentage of the evening’s proceeds will benefit her cause
- We will be doing yoga, so bring your yoga mats if interested in participating.
- Massage therapy by Cheryl Nordquist.
- Jen Hawes will be providing manicures (including gel polish) and express pedicures.
- There will be a quiet room equipped with adult coloring books and utensils (feel free who bring your own) with soft music playing in the background.
- There will be a wellness presentation from Melaleauca with a focus on essential oils.
- Dale and Sheryl Fisher will be providing Reiki treatments
We will have child care available , provided by our youth (donations also welcome for the child care, as a fundraiser for the youth mission trip this summer. Dinner and snacks will be provided for the kiddos, too).
Welcome to the RUCC Holy Week Labyrinth experience:
The Labyrinth will be available in the Fellowship Hall during the following days and times:
Wednesday, April 12th: 12pm-8pm
Thursday, April 13th: 12pm-5pm
Friday, April 14th: 12pm-7pm
Saturday, April 15th: 12pm-5pm
The Labyrinth journey has been used for hundreds of years as a walking prayer/meditation. There is no wrong way to use the labyrinth. Picture walking a path that has 36 turns as you make your way to the center. Think of all the things you can let go of every time you turn. It is an amazing walk to the center where you are held in the safety of Love. It is a powerful thing to walk the labyrinth and find yourself at home. You may stay in the center as long as you need. And then you walk out the same path, turning 36 more times as you take on all that you have learned. We have made this experience possible for you to prepare your heart, soul and mind to experience Easter in a new way.
RUCC is hosting an Earth Day INDOOR Flea Market on Saturday, April 22nd.
We have over 30 vendors selling amazing products!
There will be everything from wine and lunch bags to art and collectibles!
Free range, no antibiotics, non-gmo, organically fed pickled eggs to yard crafts!
Herbalife to organic personal care products!
Hand turned wood and acrylic creations to Norwex!
Handmade ceramic coasters to sports equipment!
Custom handmade jewelry to Beanie Babies!
Pampered Chef to collectibles!
Vintage clothing to handmade home accents and decor!
Smart Women household products to Lipsense SeneGence Skin Care products!
Homemade jams and jellies to kids clothes and toys!
Up-cycled jewelry to a roomful of household items!
Yard dice/games to Wildtree products!
Younique beauty products to handmade work tables!
Bottle cap earrings to starter plants!
Premier Designs Jewelry to an American Girl doll!
Table centerpieces to Equal Exchange Fair Trade coffee and chocolate!
Handcrafted body care products to custom buttons and bag!
There will even be a musician for your listening pleasure! Come hear Brian Peterson.
Our youth group will be selling chili, nachos, and popcorn to raise money for their upcoming mission trip to Heifer International.
Our Pilgrim Guild will be selling desserts. Yum!
If you still want to be part of the action and get your own table to sell things (only $25), please contact Patti Paulson right away! PJPaulson@hotmail.com
Earth Day flea market flyer
You’ll never know what you’ll find!!
Come early. Bring friends. Make a day of it. You won’t be disappointed.
From the article, our own pastor, T. Michael Rock, was quoted…
Rev. T. Michael Rock of Robbinsdale UCC says: We became a Sanctuary Congregation in December 2014. We took this leap of faith with the support of Rev. John Gutterman and the MN Conference Immigration Team. We heard the stories of two families in our congregation who lived through a deportation experience and we vowed to do what we could as a congregation to not let that happen again. We feel blessed with many resources and relationships and feel that becoming a Sanctuary Congregation was central to our faith and understanding as people of Radical Hospitality in the United Church of Christ.
An Invitation to Transformational Dialogue
(5 weeks) Thursday evenings, beginning February 2nd @ 7pm
Led by: Revs. T. Michael Rock and Corii Varner
- understand racial justice?
- know what White Privilege is all about?
- want to engage in a dialogue that isn’t about guilt?
- want to work for racial equity?
We will provide a safe space for exploring these topics.
Our guide will be the curriculum from United Church of Christ, White Privilege: Let’s Talk (free download).
Centering prayer is an ancient spiritual practice anybody can do. There is no right or wrong way to pray in this way. We hope this practice will provide all of us with an opportunity to deepen our soulful journey of healing and living with God. Here is how to start:
- Choose a sacred word as the symbol to consent to God’s presence and movement within. (Examples of Sacred Words: Jesus, Kyrie, Love, Peace, Mercy, Shalom, Faith, Trust)
- Sit comfortably with eyes closed. Introduce the sacred word as the symbol of your consent to God’s presence and action within.
- Gently return to the sacred word when you become aware of your thoughts.
We make our sanctuary available Sundays 9:40-9:55am. During this time, the sanctuary doors are closed. You are invited to enter quietly and participate. At 9:55, the sanctuary doors will open for people to enter and prepare for worship.
As we start our month of intentional, congregationally based spiritual direction, here is a way you can get started. Check out this article from the Huffington Post, and see our calendar to find when a group or groups might fit your schedule.